Thursday, December 23, 2004

REINDEER TRACKS

It was a Black Banana Defense Maneuver. I always put black bananas in the freezer to use in baking later. I’m too cheap to throw them away. Plus, I really like banana bread.

Well, with my female relatives coming over for Christmas, I didn’t want them to spot the black bananas in the freezer and tease me. So I made two loaves of banana bread late last night. In my haste, I just chopped up the frozen banana flesh and mixed it in.

Well, it was too much moisture in the dough. Both loaves rose magnificently and looked great cooling on the counter. . . but then fell flat in the night.

This morning, it looked like a reindeer had plunged one hoof into each of the twin loaves. At least, that’s what I’m going to tell Maddy.

Santa may get something besides cookies on his plate . . . that is, if it lasts that long, and banana bread rarely does around here.

No comments: